• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown bird help id (1 Viewer)

Bill&jacqueline

United Kingdom
received_2830670607263375.jpeg

This is the bird i saw on my walk near west wittering beach united kingdom i walk a lot and have never been unable to id a bird before this one really has me scratching my head sorry its not the best picture but it was very unusual appreciate any help it was about the same size as a dove but u can see the beak is not right at all ive done a hard search on the web with no luck

Last edited:
Hi Bill and Jacqueline and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I agree with Wood Pigeon, though he does look rather odd, doesn't he.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

It’s bill looks a bit deformed but I think it’s a juvenile Woodpigeon!
I dont think that's it doesn't match the pic is not the best but had rustic brown body with grey head not like a juvenile Woodpigeon the odd thing was the bill didn't look deformed looked very strait perfect more like a seagull bill im no expert on deformitys
Nope colour not right looks completely different

On looking at juvenile Woodpigeons again i do see some similarities so very possible it was the beak that completly threw me of as looked natural and colour of the bird seemed odd to

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back