• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Owl-like Call (Oregon Coast Range, USA) (1 Viewer)

bloveall

This is an old one, but I was going through some files and noticed this forgotten-about mystery. I was hiking with a friend up through some old growth forest to Marys Peak in Benton County, Oregon (North Ridge Trail). It was July 2011 in the afternoon. I've attached an edited audio recording of what we heard (moved the calls closer together). I have a video as well, but it doesn't show anything except for the habitat.
It was a very low-pitched owl-like call; almost as if it was inside a hollowed tree or something? I am guessing it's an owl?

Side note: I've heard this same call on the same part of the trail on at least three occasions.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 2011-07-14 (3-42PM)edit.mp3
    877.5 KB · Views: 33
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back