• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Uploading pictures to the gallery (1 Viewer)

colincurry

End results look fine. Adding the shutter speed etc a bit of a chore but will get used to it; and it may be helpful to others.

The old system retained information previously entered and which could be selected from a drop down menu to save the pain of re-entering it every time; eg location, habitat, equipment, name of creature and scientific names. It would be great if this facility might be re-instated.

Thanks

Colin

colincurry

I should have pointed out that the use of one window to upload a picture rather than the two that were previously necessary is a great improvement.

Colin

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Not necessarily 'faulty' Michael, but just a lazy user LOL. You have to set the time and date on the camera when you get it.
.... and change it when you go through time zones
.... and check if the battery has gone flat, it may re-set to the factory settings

Don't know if there's any other causes, but I've tripped up on these.

colincurry

I thought I read somewhere this pm that the facility for retaining previously entered info in drop down menus (such as scientific name, camera and lens details, location etc) had been re-instated. Can't find where I saw it, Is it me?

Just uploaded some snaps and so much of the requisite info were repeats. Tiresome. Again, is it me?

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Colin I think there's some drop-down menus in some places... they don't appear to be working in the Gallery though, unfortunately, except in the Tags.

Users who are viewing this thread