• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (3 Viewers)

Report of male Snow Bunting at 2.15 today per Bird Guides. On the deck briefly believed at the flashes and flew off south west. Any further info available would be useful
Hi Gert,
This was reported by myself and my other half, it flew in onto one on the small islands and was present for less than 2 minutes before flying off SW. The bird was viewed from the Avocet hide. Nothing of note seen since.

Hi Gert,
This was reported by myself and my other half, it flew in onto one on the small islands and was present for less than 2 minutes before flying off SW. The bird was viewed from the Avocet hide. Nothing of note seen since.
Great find @Emma

Can you ensure that a report incl description is submitted to the County Recorder, Craig Reed so its not lost from the official records. Let us know if you need any assistance.

Last edited:
There gave been no annual reports printed since that covering the years 2014-15. This doesn't meant records haven't been collated for subsequent years, just that these records were not fully completed & printed. In a somewhat belated effort to put those records 'out there', I attach a report for the years 2016-17

Attachments

• UW 2016-17 Annual Report.pdf
    855.1 KB · Views: 26
Despite promising winds this morning, both sides of the reserve did not reveal anything new;
Moors Highlights
2 Little Egret
21 Gadwall
24 Cormorant
8 Little Grebe
Drake Pochard
Male Stonechat
2 Goldcrest
Male Kestrel
NB - female Brambling reported yesterday to A38 field

Flashes Highlights
79 Canada Geese (SP)