• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Urgent help needed for cattle egret in ceredigion (1 Viewer)

mcmerlin

Apparently there is a cattle egret in ceredigion again- can anyone tell me where it is? see, im going home tomorrow for easter, and so tomorow its my last chance to see this rare bird. i understand that last time, one was seen , in january, it was at a place called llandre- is that the llandre that is part of the village Bow street? if so, do you know whereabouts in llandre, any directions? id be extremely grateful if someone could help me out here.
also, i havent managed to get black restart in aber this year and thought id missed it- but apparently one was seen today- now normally they're said to be frequent the old college roof, so does anyone know if thats where this one was seen?
Again, id be extremely grateful for any help.
Thanks a lot,
Guy

If the map on BirdGuides is to be believed (I am not a subscriber) it is in the centre of Aberystwyth, on what looks like rough ground perhaps viewable from Coedlan-y-parc road (towards a railay). Matbe a subscriber will give you better directions.

thanks Joe, yeah thats what it looked like to me aswell- but on bird news extra it says llandre. so they must have got it wrong either on the map or on birdnews extra. dun a bit of research an cattle egret has been seen in both those locations before. may be able to try both, although my mums coming down with my dad to pick me up, and she wants to g round town so birding time will be v limited.

birdguides say it still in cattle field northeast of llandre by the minor road to tal-y-bont, hope this helps

thanks very much dave, i will look this up on my OS map. dont spose it says anything bout the aberystwyth black redstart?

Rare Bird alert says "5 Mls NNE of Aberystwth just NE of Llandre by minor road to Tal-y-Bont in meadow near new houses.

Goos luck.

cheers mate. knowing my luck, if i do manage to get there (probably wont get away from aber till at least 3, because my mum will be coming, bless her), it will probably have gone though. i am not a big twitcher, far more of a patch birder, and never ever seem tp have any luck on the few occasions i go somewhere specificaly to see a rare bird that shows up. apart from the time i got a spoonbill at ynys hir. the black redstart that has been somehow evading me the entire winter will probably not show tomorrow as well just for me. lol, yeah , not a very positive attitude i know.
Thanks everyone, you've been a great help with this. heres to hoping i can bag me a new tick and a decent photo tomorrow.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back