• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Using DS eyepieces for viewing on a ED82 fieldscope? (1 Viewer)

Brink

I have a 82ED that I almost exclusively use the 38x MC wide eyepiece with (I also have both of the MC zooms). I have wanted a 24/30 MC wide eyepiece for a while now, but they just aren't available anymore. You can still get the 24/30 DS eyepiece, but as a non-glasses wearer it seems like it might be more trouble than its worth. Does anybody use these DS eyepieces for non-glasses viewing? I feel like even if I get it to work I will probably still gravitate to the 38x MC because it will be more comfortable.

Ivydwg

United Kingdom
I found the 30x DS eyepiece does take a little getting used to with regards to eye placement but once you get the knack it's fine and a pleasure to look through. The ocluar lens is huge!

I bought the fieldscope bino bandit and that also helps with eye placement but I haven't field tested it enough yet.

Users who are viewing this thread