• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Using mobile phone camera with Nikon Fieldscope III (1 Viewer)

dogf

Viêt Nam
Hi,

I'am new to fieldscope and digiscope. I just bought a Nikon Fieldscope III ED 60mm with 24/30 DS eyepiece. I want to take photo with my mobile phone. Is there any attachment device which help attaches a typical mobile phone to that Nikon.

Thank you very much.

If you live in the UK I can recommend this company (although they’re the only one I know of, research might reveal more options)

Thank you for your recommendation. I wonder if it can sit stable on the eyepiece?

I also found this one: https://www.amazon.com/Vankey-Cellphone-Telescope-Binocular-Microscope/dp/B01788LT3S
a metal one, I think it can firmly attach to the scope.

I also think about a bracket which can mount directly to the tripod, so It will be very firm if needed without potentially damage the scope, like this instruction: Digiscope Cell Phone

1642094888100.png

Anyway, it is a DIY solution. But is there any off the shelf product which can firmly attach to the tripod??

If you live in the UK I can recommend this company (although they’re the only one I know of, research might reveal more options)

If you want to try a cheapie (under $15), my students have had good luck with this type, which is sold under many labels.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back