• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Value of older ZR binocular (1 Viewer)

MichelleOhio

I am considering selling my ZRS HD 8x42 and am wondering what I can expect to get for them. I'm thinking I would put the money toward a ED3 pair. ;)

Do binoculars hold any value? Research shows them selling just over $200. If I knock them down lower than that, do you think I would have any trouble?

Thanks...just trying to figure out how to get my hands on a new pair next week at MBS and I've never sold optics before.

I am considering selling my ZRS HD 8x42 and am wondering what I can expect to get for them. I'm thinking I would put the money toward a ED3 pair. ;)

Do binoculars hold any value? Research shows them selling just over $200. If I knock them down lower than that, do you think I would have any trouble?

Thanks...just trying to figure out how to get my hands on a new pair next week at MBS and I've never sold optics before.

Michelle:

I really don't follow the value of used ZR's, but I suppose you could watch
the auction site to get some idea.
Right now models change quickly, and so I've noticed that Cameraland is
selling the original ZR ED 8x43 for $249.00, they also are offering the ED2, model
on clearance, pricing. Doug does post here, and he bought out the remaining
old stock, as the new ED3, has hit the market.

I am not trying to promote CL, but have bought from them, they are well
respected and rated well by users on other forums I follow.

The Summit is a lesser model, so consider that.

Jerry

Based on my experiences with the usual auction site and various Zen Ray bins in the past I wouldn't expect more than $175 for them. Somewhere in the $125-$175 range would probably be a reasonable suggestion.

Last edited:
I just want to clarify...the bins I'm thinking of selling are the 2009 ZRS HDs, not the 2010 model. Not finding much info on value. Certainly don't want to overprice them to a friend just looking to buy her first pair.

If it is a friend then suggest $125. I think that is fair if they are in good condition. Technology hasn't changed that much in 2 years. ;-)

Have not spent much time on forums lately, so I just saw this post. You may have done something by now, but SWFA (swfa.com) is a Zen Ray (plus a lot of others) dealer. They have a binocular trade in program. I have used it before and they usually surprise me at their price offers. I would suggest you check it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back