• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Variability in House Sparrows, or could I have breeding female Spanish Sparrow [NW UK] (1 Viewer)

Bismarck Honeyeater

Barely known member
Well I have caught another sibling - and this one dropped a couple of feathers while I was taking photos. Similar large bill - its still growing and is 0.3mm under the max allowable for House, it has a well-marked fore-super, much stronger chin patch than its same age House Sp friends, odd black feathers outside the range a breeding plumage let alone a juv still growing its 1st gen flight heathers should have. Its crown isn't all chestnut like the other juv I caught however - but it does have well-marked mantle lines.
Get them up to Aberdeen tout suite

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread