• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Verano BGA VHD Now Available (1 Viewer)

The new Verano’s look very nice indeed, more refined, ergonomically user friendly and nice to see the addition of a 32mm. I look forward to trying them out along with the new Aurora’s and reading the reviews.E5469D93-7EB6-4B93-941B-EE9A53C31F31.jpeg

The 8x32 looks good. I remember the previous Verano 8x32 having very good reviews here. I don't find any reviews of the new VHD yet anywhere. I guess it's still a bit early.

Currently none in the pipeline - Troubadour is still working on the Aurora but I'll be asking him when he returns from his travels. The UK birding titles have long lead times but we hope to see something there later in the year.

Will let you know when we have something arranged.

Cheers, Pete

Currently none in the pipeline - Troubadour is still working on the Aurora but I'll be asking him when he returns from his travels. The UK birding titles have long lead times but we hope to see something there later in the year.

Will let you know when we have something arranged.

Cheers, Pete
Thanks Pete. does this binocular with similar optics to the Imagic VHD? I know the handling and the FOV are both different, but the glass and coatings sound similar. If so, i can this is a very impressive binocular. I had the Imagic VHD and loved it, my only gripe was 7.2 degrees is just a smidgin too narrow for me.

Unfortunately they are being picked up for return tomorrow. There was one inch foreign body in the right ocular. Not impressed at the QC.

1630016066091.png

Looking at these specs, which clearly favor the lower-priced Traveller, would it seem that the optical characteristics (flatness of field? increased sharpness out toward the edges, color quality? contrast? reduced CA?) of the new, higher-priced Verano likely represent an upgrade over the Traveller's optical characteristics?

Last edited:
As Lee has experience of both Traveller and now Verano, he will better placed to objectively answer how the optics compare but in essence, yes, in our opinion the Verano is optically superior.

Cheers, Pete

As Lee has experience of both Traveller and now Verano, he will better placed to objectively answer how the optics compare but in essence, yes, in our opinion the Verano is optically superior.

Cheers, Pete
Plus if I am not mistaken, the Verano is sourced from Japan and the Traveler from China. This if it is correct would indicate to me the Verano would probably have the handling/build characteristics of being the more superior binocular over the Traveler also. I have never handled the Traveler ED or the Verano ED but I did own a Verano HD. From my experiences of owning Opticron Japan sourced binoculars and the many China sourced binocular I have also owned, my bet would be …. Verano BGA VHD overall being the better binocular.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back