• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Verano BGA VHD Now Available (1 Viewer)

lee...have you gotten to this review yet? I would love to hear of your findings as well as comparing it to other bins..... jim
I have received the Veranos and am taking them to a Scottish island for a few weeks. Looking forward to it, sorry for the delays.

Lee

The Verano name returns to the Opticron line with a new 100% made in Japan range now available:

Stock is going out to our dealers over the course of the next couple of weeks. Demo units will be available to see at the various field events that are taking place.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete, the specifications for the 8x42 and 10x42 state 1.3m close focus, whereas the 8x32 is spec'd at 2m. Are these numbers accurate? I was expecting similar close focus between the 32/42 sizes, and 1.3m close focus for the 42mm units is very impressive if correct.

Hi there - yes the close focus specifications are correct (and I checked the demo units in our showroom - the 42mm were both able to focus at a slightly better than spec 1.2m with the 32mm on spec at 2).

Cheers, Pete

Hi there - yes the close focus specifications are correct (and I checked the demo units in our showroom - the 42mm were both able to focus at a slightly better than spec 1.2m with the 32mm on spec at 2).

Cheers, Pete
Thanks Pete, very helpful! Maybe Opticron could consider tagging/highlighting the close-focus feature for these binos on its website, it would help observers who also like looking at flowers, butterflies etc.

Right now the super close focus (1.5m or less) units seem to be the Discovery WP PC 8x32 (ED and non-ED, 1.2m) and the Verano BGA VHD (8x42 and 10x42, 1.3m). They do not focus as close as the Pentax Papilo (0.5m) but obviously have other virtues like a longer warranty, waterproofing/gas filling, usability for astronomy etc as well as better optics. It is a unique selling point for these units against their more-premium brethen in the Opticron line-up.

(this came to mind because I was reading in the Swarovski threads about the close-focus distance of the 8.5x42 EL being changed from 1.5m to 3.3m, some members who didn't care told those who did to "just carry a Papilo" but obviously we would all prefer to carry one binocular instead of two if possible)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back