• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Verreauxs Eagle (1 Viewer)

jogresh

Bimble and patch
Hi, does anyone know how possible it is to see Verreauxs Eagle in Egypt? I heard a rumour that they have bred near Taba - not sure if this is related to the Ullmann (2002) article about rediscovering them in Sinai (in Birding World) or not as i haven't read it. How possible are they in the SE of the country? (There are of course access issues there.)
As i understand it, they are seen less regularly at Wadi Rum in Jordan these days, though thought to still be present in the wider area?

TIA, Mike.

Adam - yep so much better than "Black Eagle" i think! And nice to give Monsieur Verreaux a bit of credit.
David - sorry about the missing apostrophe, do you know if VE have been seen in Sinai, or SE Egypt?

As i understand it, they are seen less regularly at Wadi Rum in Jordan these days, though thought to still be present in the wider area?

The regular pair of years gone by is no more, I am not sure if there are any records at Wadi Rum these days, certainly not regular.

Well, if you don't get them there, book your next trip to South Africa where we found them with ease.

Niels

Jos - thanx that's actually really useful gen. Hmm.
Niels - people keep telling me i'd love South Africa! I'm sure they're right. Somewhere nearer first though, looking like Egypt (and perhaps a bit of Israel). Still be grateful for gen on VE in Egypt. TIA.

They're also not too hard to find in the Kenyan Rift Valley!

Attachments

• Verreaux's Eagle versus Lanner.jpg
    Verreaux's Eagle versus Lanner.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Verreaux's Eagle pair.jpg
    Verreaux's Eagle pair.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 136
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back