• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Busy this morning on the feeders including two Bullfinches managed to get one at the feeder.

Attachments

• FB48ED7D-6E98-4D4B-9C5E-9D65F4A33418.jpeg
    FB48ED7D-6E98-4D4B-9C5E-9D65F4A33418.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Bananafishbones

Incoherently Rambling .....
the hard frost has brought my first Siskin of the year to the peanut feeder. Song Thrush and a pair of Bullfinch.
Happy new year to everyone hoping 2021 gets better at some point.

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Garden alive with birds today. Cold weather has really brought them in.

Attachments

• 1C67DC05-8BE2-41A6-96A5-FFCBF8E9A38F.jpeg
    1C67DC05-8BE2-41A6-96A5-FFCBF8E9A38F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • ACA7ED19-11CF-4901-B4B9-35DAD6F6DEB5.jpeg
    ACA7ED19-11CF-4901-B4B9-35DAD6F6DEB5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 70B74987-51D5-421E-92A2-C3E03FAEA8E9.jpeg
    70B74987-51D5-421E-92A2-C3E03FAEA8E9.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4

Richard Prior

Halfway up an Alp
Europe
Cheers KC. They really are putting it away.

Rich
Talking of which, since the recent heavy snow here in the Alps I've discovered that it's not just the usual garden visitors that have a taste for fat balls, the
'3 Amigos' in the photo were patiently waiting for me to crumble another one for their second helpings at lunchtime today!

Attachments

• IMG_2792.JPG
    IMG_2792.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
UK garden birders, don’t forget the BIG GARDEN BIRDWATCH this weekend. (Or maybe Monday if weather is bad!)

Feeders busy today but will probably be very quiet due to above for the next 3 days 😉

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
My first garden Lesser Redpoll for 2021, on the feeders today but only one Siskin so far which came in yesterday. My Redpolls, Brambling and Siskin don’t come in before the first week of February and the numbers depend on snow - with snow forecast over the next few days, I am sure they will come.

And I don’t forget to put chopped fruit out for Blackbirds and Thrushes when the ground is frozen so hopefully Fieldfare and Redwing will also make an appearance in the next few weeks!

Meanwhile Chaffinch and Goldfinch in very high numbers - Greenfinch less numerous.

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
5 Bullfinches in the garden today along with a single Goldfinch. Good numbers of House Sparrows. Bought a suet pellet feeder recently. Very popular. They’ll empty it in a day easy.

Rich

ClarkWGriswold

Carpe Carpum
Staff member
Supporter
Wales
Beautiful male Sparrowhawk in the garden yesterday.

Nyger seed also quite popular for once. Got regular Siskins and a couple of Goldfinches attracted to it.

Rich

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
I’m not surprised how few Siskin or Brambling I have had in the garden this year. Also no Nuthatch or Greater Spotted Woodpecker. People have been cutting down too many large trees in the neighbourhood over the past year (with all their home improvements comes a desire for more light, space and low maintenance gardens.). The green corridor that linked my garden to the forest has now gone and there was nothing I could do to try and stop it. I am sure that’s why the forest birds don’t come anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread