• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (3 Viewers)

First rain here in 7 months 😳
Will continue to rain overnight but sunshine tomorrow morning, hopefully that livens things up for bird life.

Only Greenfinch to add to the garden list today.

Heavy rain overnight
New birds for the garden over the last few mornings are Grey Wagtail
Crested lark
Meadow pipit
Song Thrush

Best of all Goshawk over the apartment a few minutes ago

Last day today

Last edited:
Chaffinch’s now returning to the garden over the last few days and for the first time in a few years (8.5 years) a Brambling is on the feeder
GSW first for the year

I do enjoy winter garden birdwatching

Last edited:
Chilli morning here in the village, neighbour defrosted his car for the first time this year.

Robin, Bkackcap, House Sparrow, Jay, Blackbird, Hooded Crow, Collared Dove. Sparrowhawk, chaffinch, Goldfinch, Mistle Thrush, Black RedStart, Grey Wagtail and the resident Little Owl on my neighbours roof is sunning itself 15 metres awayE4CDBBD2-B5DA-4043-A328-7F9D3C2AF890.jpeg

Last edited:
Chilli morning here in the village, neighbour defrosted his car for the first time this year.

Robin, Bkackcap, House Sparrow, Jay, Blackbird, Hooded Crow, Collared Dove. Sparrowhawk, chaffinch, Goldfinch, Mistle Thrush, Black RedStart, Grey Wagtail and the resident Little Owl on my neighbours roof is sunning itself 15 metres awayView attachment 1420394

Attachments

• 71566BDC-C30E-4FBD-82F1-69BF76B93892.jpeg
    71566BDC-C30E-4FBD-82F1-69BF76B93892.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Only a couple of new species in the last few days
Raven
Great Tit

The large flock of Serin haven’t returned
Still only heard the Syrian Woodpecker so I must make an effort to track it down, as I haven’t been watching from the garden, only from the balcony with restricted views

Snow has hit the distant mountain tops and not quite reached our immediate area

Pic shows my apartment block and mountain behind but in the distance you can see the snow topped mountain if you zoom in on the left8F3DAA62-379B-48B2-9FCE-1D9C3F021098.jpeg

2 linnet (new for garden list) and a Greenfinch for the trip list this morning
Very cold at -4 this morning first thing, warming up nicely now

Attachments

• 0D464ADE-F396-4AB0-9584-D7400035CCDE.jpeg
    0D464ADE-F396-4AB0-9584-D7400035CCDE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
  • D1C1314A-103F-4EE1-814C-D940D4DDD643.jpeg
    D1C1314A-103F-4EE1-814C-D940D4DDD643.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Good numbers of Blue, Coal, Great and Ling-tailed Tits visiting the feeders at the moment. House Sparrows doing well as well. Newish neighbours have a couple of feeders up which may be attracting more in. Also had a male Bullfinch today and a Grey Wagtail. Most unusual for the garden was a single Starling.

Good numbers of Blue, Coal, Great and Ling-tailed Tits visiting the feeders at the moment. House Sparrows doing well as well. Newish neighbours have a couple of feeders up which may be attracting more in. Also had a male Bullfinch today and a Grey Wagtail. Most unusual for the garden was a single Starling.
Here in the French Alps I'm seeing plenty of the first four species Rich, though the LtTs only appeared last week, good numbers of Marsh Tit, a single Crested for the past two months and a couple of Willow Tits when the snow was really heavy a few weeks ago. Other regulars are Chaffinch and Goldfinch but Greenfinch thin on the ground as are Siskin. Nuthatch and Great Spotted Woodies are regular as is a Middle Spotted Woodpecker which has wandered up to our level and seems OK with the minus 8C nights. Before the snow got too bad we had c20 Brambling but there are only a couple about now. The cheap 'budgie' seed I put down is popular with around 25 Yellowhammer (and some pesky Jays!).
No House Sparrow for at least six weeks though!

Interesting with species distribution in gardens.
Starlings obviously tend to flock and often settle into a good reliable food source, maybe your neighbour now feeding (possibly all year) will be the catalyst for that species sticking around.
Always good to see the Bullfinch, cheers any day up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back