• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (2 Viewers)

I guess most of us have had normal garden species during the late summer so will be interesting to see what turns up for us all over the coming weeks and months.

A few days ago a small skien of Pink footed geese flew over at very high altitude but I could still hear them clearly . Recently had a Chiffchaff through and earlier this week had a Willow Warbler.
Rare visits from Nuthatch and GSW fleetingly.
Surprisingly no Jay as the Oak tree is laden with Acorns

In the past week I have started to put out some fat balls which have unfortunately brought in far too many Starling and Jackdaw

Last edited:
I'm remodeling my bird table setup today. The platform was delaminating so I've replaced that with an old cutting board that I coated with polyurethane to waterproof it so I can clean it better. So far, Downy, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Blue Jay, White-breasted and Red-breasted Nuthatch, Tufted Titmouse, Northern Cardinal, Carolina Wren, Cardinal and Chickadee Sp.

Buzzard over the garden, although it looks close it was fairly high up
Also a Raven over kronking as it passed

Attachments

• Buzzard.JPG
    Buzzard.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 3
Scrounged a load of fallen apples yesterday
Maybe enough to tempt the Redwings out of the trees.
A few Chaffinch now, still keep getting a Pied Wagtail over, and increased numbers of the daily visitors (Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Sparrows)

I'm remodeling my bird table setup today. The platform was delaminating so I've replaced that with an old cutting board that I coated with polyurethane to waterproof it so I can clean it better. So far, Downy, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Blue Jay, White-breasted and Red-breasted Nuthatch, Tufted Titmouse, Northern Cardinal, Carolina Wren, Cardinal and Chickadee Sp.
Great selection of garden visitors
Nice to have a few Woodpecker’s and Nuthatch

Pays off to have a cuppa while looking out of the back door in to the garden

6 Whooper swans over (fairly low)
First sighting over the garden for a number of years I think update First garden sighting since January 2013

Last edited:
Male Blackcap in the trees above the feeders this morning
Of course it’s pretty frozen this morning like most of the country
Keep a look out

This afternoon a very confiding Mistle Thrush, a first for the year

Last edited:
Three Goosander over this morning, otherwise nothing out of the ordinary here in East Cheshire.

Am off back home to Turkey in a couple of weeks, for a couple of weeks.

Will update garden species hopefully on a daily basis.
Looks like you’re choosing the right time to get away from the cold! Just thought, how about joining in on the Garden/Yard List 2023 when it starts in a few weeks, I’m sure your Turkey garden observations would be of great interest to everyone!

Two male and one female Blackcap in the garden this morning! Lovely to see them back. In the past they have arrived around early December, so on time!! They were/are feeding on the Mahonia seeds and a crab apple tree with small white fruit! I have spiked apple halves on the trees too. A fieldfare or Redwing might spot them.;)
A day to stay in and watch the garden today!

The view from my balcony Not a lot to see this morning as you can tell from the fog
But it’s noisy out there with plenty of birdlfe, only a Jay and a dozen Chaffinch close enough to see

Last edited:
And there you go
Fog gone
Sparrowhawk, Black Redstart and a few female Blackcaps. Hooded crows and Syrian Woodpecker

Late afternoon more Blackcaps this time mostly males, Blackbird, Blue Tit, Collared Dove, White Wagtail and quite a few Great Tit.

Tawny Owl calling from the Forest this evening
30F4424D-1585-438B-A6C0-D846822C8B7F.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back