• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Victory SF: Condensation on ocular lens (1 Viewer)

. Hi Lee,
. Post 138. It is a quote from the film Terminator.

Re: raindrops and moisture on the objectives, they are now offering miniature wiper blades powered by your mobile phone battery. Three speeds, normal, fast and chucking it down.
Or you can have the rotating windows, which are miniature versions of the ones used on commercial fishing boats. :) :)

. Hi Lee,
. Post 138. It is a quote from the film Terminator.

Re: raindrops and moisture on the objectives, they are now offering miniature wiper blades powered by your mobile phone battery. Three speeds, normal, fast and chucking it down.
Or you can have the rotating windows, which are miniature versions of the ones used on commercial fishing boats. :) :)

Obviously I can't tell my Alien from my Terminator :-O
Thanks for clearing that up, its been irritating me for days :smoke:

Lee

This weekend I spend a quick visit to Zeiss Wetzlar and had the opportunity to look into a not secured email traffic account between Zeiss QC and a Zeiss department called Zeiss Web Spyware Team. The conversation was as follows from memory:

Message from Spyware to QC:
Report of SF ocular lens condensates on the outside while nitro purged. Take action!

QC to Spyware:
Wass?, this is normal. Sind Sie verrückt!!

Spyware to QC:
SF suffers from Magnesium flakes on the lenses from the tubes, residues of cooling oil and rough finish. Also a report of a leaking SF barrel.
Advice: take action.

QC:
Says who?

Spyware to QC:
Another report that there is now missing a complete LotuTec coating on a SF.
Do you guys even work?

QC:
Wass??

Spyware to QC:
Report rise over sloppy Zeiss QC.
That is you guys and not us.
Take action.

QC to Spyware:
We did not do anything.

Spyware to QC:
That is the whole point!!

Spyware to QC:
Report comes in that you guys run a secret experiment.
No denial. It is confirmed by a guy dressed like Batman.

QC:
Batman???

Spyware to QC:
We have identified your secret testers as a group of Beta customers.

QC:
Beta testers? WTF....

Spyware to QC:
There is a report of a completely vaporized SF due to exposure of natural gas.
Didn't you guys tested the SF for this? Do something.

QC to Spyware:
Do something? We didn't do anything.

Spyware to QC:
That is what we are saying!!

Spyware to QC:
We do your job!! We found out that SF's vaporize because they can't stand hot air.
Didn't you guys tested that?

QC:
Wass???

Spyware to QC:
Report from BF came in that an SF turned from grey into green after exposure to some kind of natural gas.
Didn't you guys checked anything?

QC:
Bitte?

Spyware to QC:
Report came in that uric acid rust and stains SF's for sure.
Hello, somebody home at QC?

Spyware to QC:
Report comes in that poorly applied LotuTec coatings could very well effect fog resistance.

QC to Spyware:
Which poorly applied coating?
WTF are we talking about?

Spyware to QC:
Relax. Reports comes in that LotuTec also works against Rabies!

QC to Spyware:
Rabies??

Spyware to QC:
Yes and also possibly for Mad Cow Disease.
Did you guys patented the LotuTec for this?

QC to Spyware:
Bitte?

Spyware to QC:
We have a problem. It seems that Swaro coatings are superior to Zeiss coatings due to Nano-heaters and Nano-umbrella's.

QC:
Wass?

Spyware to QC:
Report comes in that it seems that something bad about the SF comes up every day FROM SOMEBODY DIFFERENT.
Take this very seriously!!
This can't be the conspiracy of one customer.
Take action!!
Now there is a demand for a separate category to list all the problems the SF has!!

QC to Spyware:
Send them a copy!

Jan

.Dear Jan,

The Beta radiation that caused all the problems came from lead 210, which was unfortunately used from old stocks of 1950s optical glass.
This is not to be confused with thorium containing glass up to 27% by weight. Still in the Schott catalogue of 1975.

Hopefully there was no polonium involved. Das ist nicht gut.

P. S.
It wasn't Batman, it was Superman who was weakened by kryptonite that turned it green.

Last edited:
.Dear Jan,

The Beta radiation that caused all the problems came from lead 210, which was unfortunately used from old stocks of 1950s optical glass.
This is not to be confused with thorium containing glass up to 27% by weight. Still in the Schott catalogue of 1975.

Hopefully there was no polonium involved. Das ist nicht gut.

You do realize that everything we write is picked up by some secret Department?
Scheisse!

Jan

Jan

There are strong rumours that your account of strange-happenings has been optioned by Warner Brothers and is to be made into a movie starring:

Rowan Atkinson as the man from QC
Anthony Hopkins as Spyware
Bill Murray as several posters on Bird Forum
Cate Blanchett as Gilmore Girl
Ian McKellen as Gandalf (moderator)
And Dennis as himself

Lee

It is not too often we get to read satire about binoculars. Feckless is the man who can inspire normally intelligent people to take the bait - what? 148 posts and still counting? Perhaps this is just comic relief in a world gone mad.

John

Jan

There are strong rumours that your account of strange-happenings has been optioned by Warner Brothers and is to be made into a movie starring:

Rowan Atkinson as the man from QC
Anthony Hopkins as Spyware
Bill Murray as several posters on Bird Forum
Cate Blanchett as Gilmore Girl
Ian McKellen as Gandalf (moderator)
And Dennis as himself

Lee

Isn't Warrner Bro owned by Sony and doesn't Sony use Zeiss lenses?
I do hope they leave the scene where Dennis dressed up in his Scubapro gear surfaces from my private.......
The conspiracy goes on!

J (not my real name)

Last edited:
Hi all,

Is it normal for condensation to form on the ocular lens of a nitrogen-filled binocular? I had condensation/fog form on the ocular lens of my Victory SF today that persisted for quite some time. I was under the impression that they wouldn't fog over. Is this a normal occurrence?
YES.

Isn't Warrner Bro owned by Sony and doesn't Sony use Zeiss lenses?
I do hope they leave the scene where Dennis dressed up in his Scubapro gear surfaces from my private.......
The conspiracy goes on!

J (not my real name)

Yes.

If you keep flushing your private ....... that should stop anyone or anything surfacing from it. :smoke:

Lee

Lee - Rowan Atkinson? Saw that guy 13 years ago. He not only looks funny, he is funny. I laughed myself sore watching one of his performances. Does he still perform?

John

I read the book, and have absolutely no desire to see the movie.

After that, I decided I really don't like his books, and that's the only one I've ever read.

O o,

Now I am getting curious......
Does the Great Green Spagettimonster/the Defender of the Austrian Virgin has a role in the book/film?

Jan

.No, the Green Spaghetti Monster doesn't have a role in the film.

The film is a film of despair and hopelessness. It is not pleasant. I've never been able to watch Kathy Bates again in a movie without basically hating her.

But the Green Spaghetti Monster might have a role in a later Spiderman movie as the cousin of the Green Goblin.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back