• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Views on pipit (UK) (1 Viewer)

Woz57

Hi all, I'm looking for a view on this pipit as I seem to be talking myself out of everything! I saw it very briefly at 7:30 this morning (Wales) and managed this quick snap through car window (hence the very poor quality) before it flew off!

Thanks
LB

Attachments

• DSCN0278.jpg
    DSCN0278.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 208

Woz57

Thanks, everything pointed to meadow and I ruled everything else out. I've just not seen such a deeply coloured breast before!

LB

Mark Lew1s

My real name is Mark Lewis
Here's a similar one I had in early April a couple of years ago, on the Durham moors.

Attachments

• IMG_4630.JPG
    IMG_4630.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 150

nicklittlewood

Here's a similar one I had in early April a couple of years ago, on the Durham moors.

That's an incredible-looking one Mark - I had this one in the southern Highlands in spring a few years back. Not quite as rosy but also with reduced streaking.

Nick

Attachments

• Meadow Pipit Glen Finglas 03052011.jpg
    Meadow Pipit Glen Finglas 03052011.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 112

Mark Lew1s

My real name is Mark Lewis
Was yours quite bluey/grey backed Nick? I've also had birds like yours in April on the coast here - if anything, like a 'littoralis meadow pipit', if such a thing were to exist.

Users who are viewing this thread