• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Viking merlin ed 8x32 or Zeiss Terra ED 8x25 (1 Viewer)

Reli

United Kingdom
Hi all,

I like bird/wild life watching (mostly when hiking) and I would like to purchase a pair of binoculars but I am finding hard to decide ( a lots of options out there). I am willing to spend around £200 - £250 max if that is enough to get me a good pair of binoculars.

I found the following in offer and I am hoping if you can help to decide.

Viking merlin ed 8x32 - £150
Zeiss terra ed 8x25 - £205

Which one is better value for the money.

Cheers

Hi Reli,
24 hours + on your post and no one has chimed in. Unusual! Perhaps a modified version of your post will help:
I like bird/wild life watching (mostly when hiking) and I would like to purchase a pair of binoculars but I am finding hard to decide ( a lots of options out there). I am willing to spend around £200 - £250 max if that is enough to get me a good pair of binoculars. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply.

That was my first choice before I found this offers.
I do like the hawke but I thought that for over £100 less I would get better value for the money binoculars.

In the end I bought all three bins to see by myself which one I would like to keep.

I was quite impressed with zeiss Terra ED 8x25, was a lot better than viking merlin and above all was nearly as good as hawke frontier ed x 8x32 which had better fov and the image was a little bit clearer but, for me, I don't think it is worth the extra £100. So I decided to keep the zeiss.

So far I am pleased with my decision, I keep it with me all the time.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back