• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vilnius in May (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm thinking of making a short trip to Vilnius in May, perhaps making a day trip to Baltoji Voke. I'd appreciate any tips for seeing Great Snipe, Pygmy Owl or Capercaillie, all of which I've seen before, but with less than adequate views. I guess I could travel a distance from Vilnius although that's not my plan at the moment.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of making a short trip to Vilnius in May, perhaps making a day trip to Baltoji Voke. I'd appreciate any tips for seeing Great Snipe, Pygmy Owl or Capercaillie, all of which I've seen before, but with less than adequate views. I guess I could travel a distance from Vilnius although that's not my plan at the moment.

Thanks.

I'll get back to you later, but Baltoji Voke fishpools are closed to visitors these days, ownership change a few years back - new owners not warm to welcoming birdwatchers or others.

Great Snipe and Capercailiie difficult in Lithuania, both very restricted in range and not likely at all on a casual visit. Plenty of other good birds in May though.

Thanks Jos. I've birded quite a bit in Eastern Europe and Finland before so it doesn't seem there would be anything new for me. Might give it a miss.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back