• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

vinaceous (amazon) parrot at urugua-i provincial park? (1 Viewer)

peachfront

Has anyone seen the Vinaceous Parrot at this park recently? Will be there in January. I stumbled across someone's post elsewhere that the bird was already extinct in Argentina but "Tucai Birding" has some great photos. I don't need a step by step if the location of any remaining birds is a secret, just curious to know if it's worth keeping an eye out for them or if it's unrealistic. Thanks.

Vinaceous-breasted Parrot could be seen at Las Araucarias Provincial Park in San Pedro town (about 200km from Puerto Iguazu). This park is inside town, several streets cross the park and Vinaceous-breasted Parrot are very noisy and like to perch high in the trees, so it is not that difficult. If you go there, look for Canebrake Groundcreeper and Helmeted Woodpecker too, also possible Araucaria Tit-spinetail and Azure Jay. All species above not seen (or very rare) at Urugua-i State Park. Despite there are araucaria trees at Urugua-i Park I've never seen these species there.

Thanks!

Vinaceous-breasted Parrot could be seen at Las Araucarias Provincial Park in San Pedro town (about 200km from Puerto Iguazu). This park is inside town, several streets cross the park and Vinaceous-breasted Parrot are very noisy and like to perch high in the trees, so it is not that difficult. If you go there, look for Canebrake Groundcreeper and Helmeted Woodpecker too, also possible Araucaria Tit-spinetail and Azure Jay. All species above not seen (or very rare) at Urugua-i State Park. Despite there are araucaria trees at Urugua-i Park I've never seen these species there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back