• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vireo and Sparrow ID, Arizona, USA (1 Viewer)

bobsofpa

The below photographs were taken today at Madera Canyon in south central Arizona, USA.

The first photograph is the only shot I got and is not much to work with. Based on location I believe this is either a Bell's Vireo or a Gray Vireo. Can anyone help.

For the second photograph I thought it was a Chipping Sparrow when I took it. Looking at it later I was not satisfied with the ID and looked at it being a Rufous-crowned Sparrow. Not completely satisfied with either ID. Need resolution.

Attachments

• 616_08656_BZ2A0791-1 Bells or Gray Vireo.jpg
    616_08656_BZ2A0791-1 Bells or Gray Vireo.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 616_08659_BZ2A0794-1 Rufous crowned or Chipping.jpg
    616_08659_BZ2A0794-1 Rufous crowned or Chipping.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 73
Possibly a Plumbeous Vireo for the first and it looks like a Chipping Sparrow for the second

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back