• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visited Cley and Skulthorpe, Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Had an enjoyable time at both these places. Highly recommended. Cley has a Visitor Centre and a very nice tea room serving hot drinks, sandwiches and cakes.

Cley: Flock of Little Auks, Shellducks, stone chat, lapwings and pheasants. On route while driving saw Tawny Owl flying towards us.
re: The Little Auks. When we first observed them I thought they were Swift like in appearance due to the head but I had to google what they were as I was unfamiliar due to being a novice.

Skulthorpe: Blue tits, great tits, Marsh tits, coals, Great spotted woodpecker, bullfinches, greenfinches, several sightings of Red Kites.

Unfortunately no pictures as I didn't take my camera.

Welcome to Birdforum Chaffchiff! You may need to check again re. your Little Auks. They are pretty uncommon and a flock of them would be unusual, Razorbill orGuillemot would be more likely I would think…

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back