• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wader in Poland (1 Viewer)

AGDK

Hello

I just saw this bird here today, together with 2 Greenshank.. I just can't tell if this is just a Ruff or something rare, that I can't really figure out what could be..

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Greenshank.jpg
    Greenshank.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 85
  • With extra light.JPG
    With extra light.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 85
Yes, I agree with you, its a Ruff. Please note:
  • the right slightly downcurved bill
  • dark-centered upperparts resulting in chequered upperparts

For me most similar bird would be a Knot, with more pp, stronger supercilium and different upperpart pattern.

Hello Alexander

Thanks for your comments.. I assumed so, but just wanted to be sure I didn't miss something..

I found one, where the head is opposite direction.. The rest is too blurry or not giving any better info.. Second one just with more exposure compensation

Attachments

• other angle.jpg
    other angle.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 36
  • other angle eX.jpg
    other angle eX.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 36
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back