• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Walrus in Ireland (1 Viewer)

Well apart from the fact that I'm not meant to go yet, I'm not far enough along the post-covid recovery route to do that drive and then do my first day back at work the day after. But if anyone gets news next week, especially on the Friday, please do share it as I intend to go next Saturday, if it's around.

Absolutely, you’d think that into our 739th year as a colony of England us Cymry would now our place by now. How dare we’d make our own laws!

If the moderators would restore the post they deleted, in which I stated that I had no issue with devolution, you perhaps wouldn't have needed to respond thusly.

Hi Rob. I think there’s many who would disagree with Andy here but we need to keep to the topic of the walrus.

An amazing animal that I hope stays for Steve.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
I also hope that it stays for Steve to enjoy. It was certainly well worth my first trip out of the county since last July.
I just hope that the idiots, with drones, paddle boards and jet skis keep their distance. Is there any law, covering wilful disturbance of wildlife, which could be applied?

I also hope that it stays for Steve to enjoy. It was certainly well worth my first trip out of the county since last July.
I just hope that the idiots, with drones, paddle boards and jet skis keep their distance. Is there any law, covering wilful disturbance of wildlife, which could be applied?
Not to a non native animal, not breeding, as long as they don't actually injure it, don't think much can be done?

Speedboats too. No sense at all, these people. My wife threatened dire consequences if I shouted to two boats..... Mind you, I'd have enjoyed the Walrus getting its tusks into their inflatable parts. But it seems quite mild-mannered.

John

I have no doubt that if one of these idiots got too close to the Walrus and got attacked there would be calls for Walrus to be shot.

Someone did?
Like the Walrus, the post is back. Unlike the Walrus, I have seen it.... (Corrected the awful double negative.)

I may go this afternoon. I need to watch a couple of Dukes of Hazard re-runs first as training to outrun the authorities.

I would like to see news today but I suspect everyone bar Steve has been.

Stay safe all.

Paul

Last edited:
Like the Walrus, the post is back. Unlike the Walrus, I haven't seen it....

I may go this afternoon. I need to watch a couple of Dukes of Hazard re-runs first as training to outrun the authorities.

I would like to see news today but I suspect everyone bar Steve has been.

Stay safe all.

Paul
Smokie and the Bandit is on Netflix Paul. Failing that I can lend you my copy of Vanishing Point :p

I think you know full well what I mean.
;-) Not really. What did you mean?

Surely it would be afforded the same level of protection as any other species? If it had been an escaped porcupine or something (unlikely I guess on a slipway in Wales?) that might be different, although I guess any animal cruelty laws would still apply if any physical harm occurred directly.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back