• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Walrus in Ireland (1 Viewer)

Speedboats too. No sense at all, these people. My wife threatened dire consequences if I shouted to two boats..... Mind you, I'd have enjoyed the Walrus getting its tusks into their inflatable parts. But it seems quite mild-mannered.

John

I was told there have been a few incidents:-
1. The walrus tried to haul out on the back of a fishing boat
2. He capsized a small dinghy
3. He punctured a RIB
Got this information from the two ladies who were monitoring him (Welsh Marine Divers Rescue?) so guess there must be some truth in these stories
Cheers
Martyn

He was certainly well settled when we saw him on Sunday. What a magnificent beast, and a privilege to be able to get to see him.9D9A2829.jpg

Birdguides reporting Walrus in Cornwall? That would be much easier....

Wildlife Safari out of Padstow apparently.

Last edited:
The walrus news seems to have dried up? There doesn't seem to have been any more Cornwall sightings since the initial boat sighting. It has not been back to Tenby, much to the disappointment of someone who has just taken delivery of 1000 tee-shirts!

What, it's in France now? As in a country that is sane enough to actually let people in? That could change some of my plans ...

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back