• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Walrus now in Northumberland? (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

I reckon a walrus - a species that shrugs off full-on attacks from Polar Bears - that has spent time in a working naval dockyard roosting on a working submarine doesn't need the well-meaning but basically ignorant bleatings of these people to keep it safe.

John

AFeather

I reckon a walrus - a species that shrugs off full-on attacks from Polar Bears - that has spent time in a working naval dockyard roosting on a working submarine doesn't need the well-meaning but basically ignorant bleatings of these people to keep it safe.

John
I feel like the aim is to keep the people safe.

If someone gets too close and injures themselves the walruses days might become numbered?

Farnboro John

I feel like the aim is to keep the people safe.

If someone gets too close and injures themselves the walruses days might become numbered?
No, I don't think so. We can still recognise idiots in this country. I think it's called contributory negligence, not that the Walrus has public liability insurance....

Plus there are more people in this country than Walruses in the world, so the relative conservation value of a human is basically zilch, or considering the damage they do, possibly less than zilch. NFA in the event of an injury, anyway.

John

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread