• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler help - NY October 2022 (1 Viewer)

Agree with Northern Parula. Those look like eye rings (not arcs) though and that threw me off at first.
The visible white wing patch rules out Nashville.
The white ring around the neck is a new field mark for me. Immature male ?

That's definitely an eye-ring. And surely it's perfect for magnolia warbler (including the pale neck-ring) - not northern parula.
You're right. The yellow extends down to the belly. The yellow doesn't go far past the chest on the Parula.
Looking closer at the photos you can see hints of streaking too.

I have to get in the ID forum more often. There's so much to learn here.

Hello! Could someone help me ID this warbler I saw in Brooklyn in October 2022? Thanks in advance.
The faint grey collar is very visible if you enlarge de photo. That, and the two wing bars, bright yellow chest, the eye ring, and gray head, is all typical of Maognolia Wrbler.

Definitely a Magnolia Warbler. In addition to the eye ring and the gray neck band, you can see the diagnostic black tipped tail.
oh wow ... yes see the tail now when zooming in.
Most of us missed it. Not open for debate at this point.
Magnolia for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back