• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler ( I think ) in North Central Texas (1 Viewer)

Scrogdog

Spotted this bird at my suet feeder this afternoon. At first glance, due to the gold color, thought it was a Goldfinch which are pretty common here this time of year, but then realized it wasn't. Don't get many Warblers here at any time of the year, but do see Yellow Rumps and Orange Crowned from time to time and every year or two have a Pine Warbler ( which I think this is )or two show up. Anyone on here think it's not. Sorry for the fuzzy photo. Only had my iphone with me and the case around it has gotten so scratched up, it doesn't take very sharp photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2350 (2).JPG
    IMG_2350 (2).JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 32
Spotted this bird at my suet feeder this afternoon. At first glance, due to the gold color, thought it was a Goldfinch which are pretty common here this time of year, but then realized it wasn't. Don't get many Warblers here at any time of the year, but do see Yellow Rumps and Orange Crowned from time to time and every year or two have a Pine Warbler ( which I think this is )or two show up. Anyone on here think it's not. Sorry for the fuzzy photo. Only had my iphone with me and the case around it has gotten so scratched up, it doesn't take very sharp photos.
Never mind. Know it's a Pine Warbler. Just had a brain freeze. Think I posted of photo of one back in February that looks just like this one.

Looks good for a Pine Warbler. According to the maps, you shouldn't have Bay-breasted or Blackpoll at this time which are similar looking in their non-breeding plumages.
Plus, no streaks on the back (it appears) and a broken eye ring (subtle goggled appearance) rules out those other two rarities anyway I believe. Also, Pine Warblers do appear at feeders in the winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back