• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler ID help please, Shanghai (1 Viewer)

You’re probably right Brian, although I wouldn’t know if there are any other Phylloscs (which this is) in your area, that would also have a central crown stripe as this appears to have?

Cheers
That's a good question. I don't believe there is another Phylloscs present locally that would have a central crown stripe that my bird appears to have. Thanks, that is a good starting point to firm up this ID.

Brian

You’re probably right Brian, although I wouldn’t know if there are any other Phylloscs (which this is) in your area, that would also have a central crown stripe as this appears to have?

Cheers
There's one record of Sichuan Leaf Warbler, and Shanghai also has several other crown-striped warblers. This bird does look good for Pallas's, however, with that rather bull-headed look, yellow supercilium, especially in front of the eye, and long black eyestripe with a slight downward hook at the end.

There's one record of Sichuan Leaf Warbler, and Shanghai also has several other crown-striped warblers. This bird does look good for Pallas's, however, with that rather bull-headed look, yellow supercilium, especially in front of the eye, and long black eyestripe with a slight downward hook at the end.
Agree with this analysis.
We've been having a good year so far for Pallas's in Hong Kong - good numbers around (especially after a very poor winter last year). Unlike Yellow-browed, which has been having a very poor year here.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back