• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Warbler ID Turkey/Istanbul (1 Viewer)

ahmetyasin

Turkey
2 different birds from today. Are they both olivaceous warbler?

Attachments

• DSCN6366 (2).JPG
    DSCN6366 (2).JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN6349 (2).JPG
    DSCN6349 (2).JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN6373 (2).JPG
    DSCN6373 (2).JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN6401 (2).JPG
    DSCN6401 (2).JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN6403 (2).JPG
    DSCN6403 (2).JPG
    282 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN6409 (2).JPG
    DSCN6409 (2).JPG
    612.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN6412 (2).JPG
    DSCN6412 (2).JPG
    472.3 KB · Views: 46

Alexander Stöhr

Hello,
belated: welcome to birdforum from me!
First bird (picture 1-3) seems a Marsh/Reed Warbler to me:
  • Undertail-coverts are ID-friendly long and judgeable with confidence here (wouldnt you say "Thank you" to this bird, regarding more difficult birds during the last time regarding this character?)
  • overall feeling is that of an Acrocephalus. Reason? Dont know, maybe habitat and the way, this bird appearantla moves within?
  • Picture 2: overall colouration seems pale sandy and the tertials seems really blackish with distinct pale edges, so better for a Marsh?
  • Claws seems pale to me, but difficult to judge
But as I havent experience with ssp fuscus of Reed Warbler, and learned much from recent Marsh vs Reed Warbler threads from eastern WP-regions, I hope for others to jump in

Second bird gives the impression of both a Willow Warbler and of a Reed Warbler in the last picture to me, but also gives a strange feeling, so I better wait for others so I can learn. Like the flying warbler, wich I identified as a Barred Warbler, but got help from Grahame Walbridge

Users who are viewing this thread