• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler/ Istanbul (1 Viewer)

SCPALAS

The photos're taken today,at the lake side , North of Istanbul in the wood. I hope the photos are good enough to identify :)
My hopes are as follow; Hume`s Leaf Warbler, Yellow-browed Warbler or Pallas`s Leaf Warbler :giggle:
Thanks for the ID helps...

Attachments

• DSC_2412.jpg
    DSC_2412.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • DSC_2413.jpg
    DSC_2413.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • DSC_2415.jpg
    DSC_2415.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 85
The 'white' line in the wing is not at the tips of the greater coverts (as it would be in the Phylloscopus you were hoping for) but (unusually so?) at the base of the secondaries. E.g. the long undertail coverts readily identify it as an Acrocephalus...

The 'white' line in the wing is not at the tips of the greater coverts (as it would be in the Phylloscopus you were hoping for) but (unusually so?) at the base of the secondaries. E.g. the long undertail coverts readily identify it as an Acrocephalus...
Thanks Carery.

The 'white' line in the wing is not at the tips of the greater coverts (as it would be in the Phylloscopus you were hoping for) but (unusually so?) at the base of the secondaries.
Exactly so - and I still can't figure out quite why it's giving that appearance, even after scrutinizing the pics closely. Pale secondary-fringes broader near the feather-bases? - but it doesn't look as though they are broader there. Odd.

Exactly so - and I still can't figure out quite why it's giving that appearance, even after scrutinizing the pics closely. Pale secondary-fringes broader near the feather-bases? - but it doesn't look as though they are broader there. Odd.
Thanks Butty.

There are two more shots left as attached...

Attachments

• DSC_2410.jpg
    DSC_2410.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_2414.jpg
    DSC_2414.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 26
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back