• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler of some kind, Nashville, TN 18 Sept (1 Viewer)

hamlinjk15u

United States
Not sure on this guy at all.

Attachments

• DSC_0474.JPG
    DSC_0474.JPG
    736.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0473.JPG
    DSC_0473.JPG
    720.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0465.JPG
    DSC_0465.JPG
    952.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0463.JPG
    DSC_0463.JPG
    639.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0457.JPG
    DSC_0457.JPG
    783.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0454.JPG
    DSC_0454.JPG
    512.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0451.JPG
    DSC_0451.JPG
    518.9 KB · Views: 29
The first bird is a black-throated green warbled, the second I can't make my mind: Bay-breasted or Blackpoll warbler... :)

Last edited:
The first bird is a black-throated green warbled, the second I can't make my mind: Bay-breasted or Blackpoll warbler... :)

I'm leaning towards either 1st winter juvi or female winter plumage Blackpoll. But im still unsure. I see white undertail, and the yellow doesnt go down the breast very far, which would lean me towards Blackpoll. However it doesnt look to have any streaks and is a more green-yellow than gray neck, which would lean me towards Bay-breasted. Wings bars look white, not yellowish, so that leans me toward Bay-breasted. Tail pattern, faint eyering, and black streak through eye are indiscernable between the two in first winter plumage.

On the first photo, I did notice yellow feet upon looking again, which isnt a field mark of any Black-throated I can find. However, it is for Blackpoll. Everything else is good for Black-throated though

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back