• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warranaty Info (1 Viewer)

Lewie

Wondering about warranty info on Leica, Nikon, Swarovski, and Zeiss.

I know that Leica and Nikon offer no-fault warranties, but a Zeiss rep said that no-fault warranties are not valid in the United States. But I have heard of Leica and Nikon owners getting their bins repaired. The Zeiss rep also said that they wold repair bins damaged by the owners even though their literature says nothing about a no-fault warranty. I have also heard of Swavorski owners sending in worn or damaged bins and getting them rerpaired; I have also heard of persons buying used swarovski bins and getting them refurbished.

Do Leica and Nikon unwaveringly stand behind their no-fault warrantly? Do Swarovski and Zeiss always refurbish/repair worn/damaged bins?

Thanks for you help,

Lew

Wondering about warranty info on Leica, Nikon, Swarovski, and Zeiss.

I know that Leica and Nikon offer no-fault warranties, but a Zeiss rep said that no-fault warranties are not valid in the United States. But I have heard of Leica and Nikon owners getting their bins repaired. The Zeiss rep also said that they wold repair bins damaged by the owners even though their literature says nothing about a no-fault warranty. I have also heard of Swavorski owners sending in worn or damaged bins and getting them rerpaired; I have also heard of persons buying used swarovski bins and getting them refurbished.

Do Leica and Nikon unwaveringly stand behind their no-fault warrantly? Do Swarovski and Zeiss always refurbish/repair worn/damaged bins?

Thanks for you help,

Lew
Leica, Nikon and other No-Fault warranties are certainly valid in the United States.

Lew,
Here's the skinny on Optic Industry Warranties for the U.S.:

Leica: New Binoculars (not the Geovids) and Spotting Scopes come with the Leica Passport Warranty which means that the unit is covered for life no matter what happens to it as long as Leica can still read the serial #. It is very important when you purchase a Leica product to register the warranty as they do keep records and do take the registration of warranties very seriously. New Laser Rangefinders have a 2 year warranty for parts and labor and Geovids have a 5 year parts and labor coverage.
The Leica Certified Pre-Owned Warranty is 10 years parts and labor on Spotting Scopes & Binoculars, 90 days on Laser Rangefinders and 1 year on Geovids.

Nikon: Lifetime No Fault Coverage

Pentax: Pentax has a Worry Free Warranty...If your Pentax Binocular, Spotting Scope or Riflescope purchased in the USA from an authorized Pentax Sport Optics dealer requires repair, Pentax will repair or replace it to the original purchaser (even if damaged by fault) for a charge of $19.95, to cover handling and return shipping.* This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage, theft or loss. (Replacement may be with comparable model at Pentax's discretion if the original model is no longer available.)
* Applies only to unmodified equipment or product with modifications performed by authorized Pentax repair personnel.

Minox: Binoculars have a 30 year warranty and Sporring Scopes have a 5 year Warranty

Zeiss: Zeiss has a Lifetime Transferable Parts and labor warranty. It is one of the only warranties that states that it is transferable, along with Vortex.

Swarovski: Please read full Lifetime Limited Warranty info posted here @ http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=91669

Vortex: No questions asked, Lifetime Warranty. Have no worries, you're covered. Rest assured that if any Vortex Optics product should ever require service, Vortex will repair or replace the product absolutely free — no matter what the cause!
No warranty card to fill out. No restrictions on coverage ... even if you transfer ownership of the product.

Bushnell: Bushnell Performance Optics guarantees your product (units without electronics in them) to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner.

I hope this assists you,
gr8fuldoug

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back