• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Waxwings and Kites (1 Viewer)

mickbe74

Had a very early start,not birding but work,had to be in London by 7 am and decided to take my bins and camera just in case,i was on my way back to Brum by 8 and decided to come up the M40 for the Red Kites,i came off at a place called Stokenchurch ? i think,parked up and instantly had brilliant views of 10ish Kites and took some ok for me photo's.I cant understand why there isn't a feeding station like in Wales,also had good veiws of Kestral and Buzzard.Heading back up the motorway i decided to carry on to Tamworth for the Waxwings which were suprisingly easy to find just sitting in a tree,which i parked right under,stunning birds and a life tick for me,so all in all a great day without really trying.

Phil Satch

Sunday 28th feb 2010. 3 waxwings still on the same tree they have eaten 1/2 of the berrys now. there are 2 mistle thrushes that keep chasing them away and then they have there feed and the waxwings come back. very easy to find 1 mile off m42 junction 10. wilnecote health centre. Good close views from the car.

Users who are viewing this thread