• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weekend in Quito (1 Viewer)

Nick French

Has anyone a recommendation of a good bird guide in the Quito area that could take me out for 2 days birding while there on a business trip?

Any suggestions welcome
Nick

I was guided by Juan Carlos Calvachi recently. He knows the birds of the area really well including where to find the rarer species. He can be contacted through http://ecuadorgateway.com/

Otherwise, Tropical Birding have plenty of guides in the Quito area.

Hope you have a good trip.
Henry.

Thanks for the advice guys - I have picked Renato as he was available and a fraction of the price of Tropical Birding. Will report how I get on when I get back. Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Nick

Try my good friend and partner in crime while in Ecuador ..ecuadorrebel ...who is on this site..... jim

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back