• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Welcome to the new site! 👋 (1 Viewer)

Stanbo

N
Stan,
This is a problem caused by the settings of your browser. I had the same problem on my macbook, I got rid of it by clearing private data (cookies etc)---it might work for you too.
Good luck, Peter
Peter,
Clearing the private data worked.
Thanks,
Stan

hughie king

Where do I find the old UK Rarities Forum giving up to the minute discussions on scarce/rare birds present at the moment & recently?
Cheers.

Last edited:

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
Where do I find the old UK Rarities Forum giving up to date information?

here’s the link

Once there, if you click ‘watch’ at the top right of the forum, it will be added to your own favorite forum lists which you can then access by clicking on ‘Watched’ in the main dark blue banner heading. (If that’s easier)

Essex Tern

🦆🥋🏃🏻‍♂️📷🎹🎸
Supporter
Europe
Ollie,
would it be possible, to provide the ability to zoom in on pics that are uploaded to the ID sections?
I think you can as long as the image is big enough - the magnifying glass looks to be disabled when the image is really small, but is enabled for me when the image is fairly large, and regardless, you can pinch to zoom on a tablet in addition to the magnifying glass tool - presumably ctrl and scroll on a mouse would do similar on a PC.

Andy Adcock

England
I think you can as long as the image is big enough - the magnifying glass looks to be disabled when the image is really small, but is enabled for me when the image is fairly large, and regardless, you can pinch to zoom on a tablet in addition to the magnifying glass tool - presumably ctrl and scroll on a mouse would do similar on a PC.
Makes sense, thanks.

Nightjar61

David Daniels
United States
I now have an edit button, but if I try to edit my list, a message comes up saying “Oops! We’ve run into some problems. Please enter a message with no more than 10000 characters”.

Dave
I’ll try this again, since I never got a response. Are we now restricted to 10,000 characters per “page” (if that is the right term) or is this still a glitch that needs to be worked out. I hope there’s not a 10,000-character limit because I’ve always kept my entire Year List on one page.

Thanks.

Dave

tenex

reality-based
Lol there’s an angry face for those that were complaining there was no ‘dislike‘ button 😂
Thanks Deb, that is indeed the answer... and also explains why users have a "Reaction" score instead of merely "Like". (Perhaps the button too should say "React" instead of "Like".)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
When I post a photo in the Gallery and fill in all the details of the photo, I have to type them all from scratch, whereas in the old version of Birdforum you were presented with your previous entries in that section. which saved a lot of time, particularly with the camera/lens description.
Ollie's sorted this one Peter!!! Wonderful.

effervescentbirdsong

I'm loving your new site so far! I'm sure you'll iron out any kinks here and there, but so far I've noticed that I stay signed in longer which I like a lot. I had to resize my photos, but I figured out how to do that now. And, replying to people's comments is easier now and also I like that we can click "likes" etc., on peoples posts. Very nice! :love:
I noticed that about staying signed in longer. It's not just longer they don't even sign you out anymore. You have to do it yourself. Which is far preferable to them doing it every time you go to a different tab. D'oh!

SeldomPerched

Quite a shock when I logged on after several weeks away... but a good shock. The new site is easier and quicker to use. The media-style 'like' button is handy and at last I can log on and let the keychain do the password work; with the old site I had to enter the long jumble of pass symbols manually every time. All much appreciated; thank you.

SueO

Perhaps that falls under the category of - "if you can't say something nice about someone, then ......"
This from someone who thinks a bigoted and ignorant post about Americans (me) being incapable of literacy deserves a smiley face. However, I do believe you have a right to your opinions and a right to express them.

sbarnhardt

Traveling man
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Good Morning Ollie,

I noticed this morning the Opus Editors don't seem to have the delete function available now. I don't remember what all we had before, but that particular one isn't available, it seems.

Thanks for all you do for us, and for BF, during these trying times!!
It does not go unnoticed and is greatly appreciated!

MKinHK

Mike Kilburn
Hong Kong
Enjoying the new look and feel of the site - thanks to all who obviously put a huge amount of effort into the overhaul. Especially like being able to upload multiple pix simultaneously and the ability scroll between the pix.

One questions

How can I upload a sound file? This used to be possible of the old site, but that option does not now seem to be available, except as a link to a Soundcloud recording.

Many thanks
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread