• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Welcome to the new site! πŸ‘‹ (1 Viewer)

Green Fields

Professional Bug Remover
Staff member
United Kingdom
Steve, I'm not seeing that option listed under Account details (or any of the sub-sections) on my page - I've got Username, Email, Email options, Avatar, Date of Birth, Location, Website, Gender, Country, Occupation, About you, Identities (Skype, Facebook, Twitter).
Ah, the permissions weren't set up quite right – can you try again? It should be there now.

jhopkins

Hello. I used to be able to click just left of the subject in Rare Bird Information and go straight to the last post I'd viewed. Now I can only go to the beginning of the thread or to the last page. Is there some other way I can avoid wading through posts I've already read ( or can't remember that I'd read !).

Green Fields

Professional Bug Remover
Staff member
United Kingdom
Hello. I used to be able to click just left of the subject in Rare Bird Information and go straight to the last post I'd viewed. Now I can only go to the beginning of the thread or to the last page. Is there some other way I can avoid wading through posts I've already read ( or can't remember that I'd read !).
Clicking the thread title should usually take you to the first unread post in a thread.

Unfortunately there was no way to bring the data about exactly which posts you'd viewed from the old site, so if you're looking at a thread with new posts from before the migration the new site just doesn't know where to take you to.

So, for new posts in threads from this point onwards, clicking the thread title should take you straight to the first unread post.

jhopkins

Clicking the thread title should usually take you to the first unread post in a thread.

Unfortunately there was no way to bring the data about exactly which posts you'd viewed from the old site, so if you're looking at a thread with new posts from before the migration the new site just doesn't know where to take you to.

So, for new posts in threads from this point onwards, clicking the thread title should take you straight to the first unread post.
Ah, I understand. That's fine....I can cope with re-reading a few posts...as long as it's not permanent ! Thanks a lot. Like the nice clear lay-out of the site by the way.

Andy Adcock

England
Ollie,
observation on site layout.

All the stuff on the right of the page, would be better either at the top or the bottom as some of it used to be? When you've scrolled down far enough to be past those bits, a lot of the page is empty and it doesn't look great?

Green Fields

Professional Bug Remover
Staff member
United Kingdom
Is there a reason my profile pic is so blurry/pixelated? It was "normal" in the old forum.
Unfortunately for some users the avatar seems to have suffered in the migration. If you're able to edit your avatar and re-upload it that should fix it?

Pariah

Stealth Birder
Hating this. A mobile version of the site is welcome, but it doesn't seem to display thread page numbers unless I switch to desktop view.

Owen

Essex Tern

πŸ¦†πŸ₯‹πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ“·πŸŽΉπŸŽΈ
Supporter
Europe
Think I am much preferring new layout, especially now I am no longer a β€œwell-known member” πŸ˜‚

Users who are viewing this thread