Welcome to the new site! πŸ‘‹ (8 Viewers)

Microtus

Maryland USA (he/his)
United States
For how long does one stayed logged in to the Forum now? I ask because across many years (hey, the year I joined has disappeared from my profile!), three laptops, and two browsers, I was generally logged out automatically after 30 to 60 minutes of inactivity.
eta: testing the edit post function

tenex

reality-based
Antarctica
Correction: there is no "middle-click" problem after all. All the page display glitches are the result of a message with attachment being on that page. (I can't edit my previous message because I can't see it, due to this problem.)

By the way, I'd like to have the default on the "Stay logged in" checkbox be NO, as before (unless I've already checked YES).

What are "Reactions" about? (Is that a synonym for "likes"? Where's "dislike"?)

Are you aware that smiley/graphic characters sometimes occur in the URL, as where it says "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page, View them?"

Microtus

Maryland USA (he/his)
United States
Under "Your Account" Preferences, I see "Receive a notification when someone..." Posts in a watched forum etc. Where does the notification go? To my email address? Or am I notified when I log on the Forum?

Essex Tern

πŸ¦†πŸ₯‹πŸ“·πŸŽΌ
Europe
Perhaps that falls under the category of - "if you can't say something nice about someone, then ......"
Agree totally, if people want to β€œdislikeβ€œ then people should just not like, say something constructive, or just move on without saying anything. I would hope on a forum like this there would be no need for a dislike option, but it is nice to reinforce positive things with a like on occasion, I have wanted that option on occasion πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Thanks Ollie !

Introducing changes can be a thankless task for the 98% or so that you nail straight off the bat, with the focus coming on what is lost, not working, or not liked.

So thanks !

Colin

Axeman (Retired)
England
Once I had logged in, all seems ok. I tried to login with my email address and weird things happened but when I used my user name, things went ok. Need to get used to the new layout but it looks fine.

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
The site update looks good, but where is the link to "go to the first unread" post.

That is necessary.

Colin

Axeman (Retired)
England
Once I had logged in, all seems ok. I tried to login with my email address and weird things happened but when I used my user name, things went ok. Need to get used to the new layout but it looks fine.
I now know why there was weirdness when I logged in with my email address. Now that I am in I went to my profile and discovered that my email address is my old Freeserve email address which is so old I can’t remember when it was removed by them. I will change it.

Colin

Axeman (Retired)
England
I now know why there was weirdness when I logged in with my email address. Now that I am in I went to my profile and discovered that my email address is my old Freeserve email address which is so old I can’t remember when it was removed by them. I will change it.
But I can’t change to my current email address because it is apparently in use. No matter, I will log in with my user name.

contini

This looks great, thanks for the upgrade!

btw, prior to this upgrade I was thinking about posting a few things about the site that bothered me, but now the upgrade fixes them! For one, I hated the pause between commenting and seeing the comment, and the other thing was the requirement to register to see the pictures. Thank you so mu for the upgrade, now I don’t have to be a complainer!

Last edited:

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
above in the nav bar.....whats new ...... then new posts or latest activity.
The previous way is not there, as in reading a thread with 5 pages of posts, you could have read maybe up to page 3, and by hitting
the "view first unread" it kept track of where you finished off and then takes you to the ones you had not read yet.

That is very common on many forums, and too bad it is not on the new format. Maybe you can put it back in.
Thanks, Jerry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread