• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Welsh Ospreys (1 Viewer)

robbie_d_e

Apologies for not updating earlier but I have had major trouble with my internet connection and then the pc itself.
The good news is that all 3 chicks have now fledged, the last one flew today. This is a first for wales, as, every year 1 chick has sadly died.
Now im off down the pub for a few bevvies to celebrateB :)

robbie_d_e

An osprey that was reared here in wales in 2006, has been positivley identified, a couple of days ago up in scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobinD

Can the Ospreys still be seen from the view point as I'm on holiday in the area next week?

Thanks,

Robin

Kelvin Jones

Both adults and the three fledglings are still in the vacinity of the nesting tree. Male still carrying fish up the valley.

Kelvin

Osprey Fan

Oh amazing news. I guess it is a female?

According to the blog it's a male. And more good news is that he's been collecting twigs and branches to build a nest and he's also attracted a female.

Apparently (according to their website) there are also a pair of ospreys at Caerlaverock (WWT), near Dumfries, but I haven't heard if they have bred this year or not. Does anyone know?

All good news for ospreys in the SW of Scotland.

Tiger_mz

According to the blog it's a male. And more good news is that he's been collecting twigs and branches to build a nest and he's also attracted a female.

Apparently (according to their website) there are also a pair of ospreys at Caerlaverock (WWT), near Dumfries, but I haven't heard if they have bred this year or not. Does anyone know?

All good news for ospreys in the SW of Scotland.

I have heard of the Caerlaverock pair befire but I have not heard of them breeding.

Martin Thomas

Retired student
Interesting that this is another juvenile that has returned after only two years in West Africa rather than the more usual three.

RobinD

We managed to go along to the viewpoint in a gap in the rain last week. The female chick was nicely in view and my six year old was very pleased!

We had a Peregrine mob a Red Kite over Porthmadog cob one evening as well.

ATB

Robin

DavidST

Thank you everyone for your company on this thread. I hope you all have a restfull festive period. Look forward to seeing you again about the end of March next year.
Be lucky
David

Users who are viewing this thread