• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welsh Ospreys (1 Viewer)

Apologies for not updating earlier but I have had major trouble with my internet connection and then the pc itself.
The good news is that all 3 chicks have now fledged, the last one flew today. This is a first for wales, as, every year 1 chick has sadly died.
Now im off down the pub for a few bevvies to celebrateB :)

Oh amazing news. I guess it is a female?

According to the blog it's a male. And more good news is that he's been collecting twigs and branches to build a nest and he's also attracted a female.

Apparently (according to their website) there are also a pair of ospreys at Caerlaverock (WWT), near Dumfries, but I haven't heard if they have bred this year or not. Does anyone know?

All good news for ospreys in the SW of Scotland.

According to the blog it's a male. And more good news is that he's been collecting twigs and branches to build a nest and he's also attracted a female.

Apparently (according to their website) there are also a pair of ospreys at Caerlaverock (WWT), near Dumfries, but I haven't heard if they have bred this year or not. Does anyone know?

All good news for ospreys in the SW of Scotland.

I have heard of the Caerlaverock pair befire but I have not heard of them breeding.

We managed to go along to the viewpoint in a gap in the rain last week. The female chick was nicely in view and my six year old was very pleased!

We had a Peregrine mob a Red Kite over Porthmadog cob one evening as well.

ATB

Robin

Thank you everyone for your company on this thread. I hope you all have a restfull festive period. Look forward to seeing you again about the end of March next year.
Be lucky
David

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back