• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

West African Field Guide (1 Viewer)

Edward

Umimmak
There is a new paperback version of Nik Borrow and Ron Demey's Birds of Western Africa out now, published by Helm I think. The full hardback version is also at a reduced price on www.nhbs.com at the moment.

E

madmike

Birds of West Africa.

Hi Geoff,
When I was working in Nigeria not that long ago I had a book called, I think, - Birds Of West Africa and I got it from Waterstones as I recall. It's not too big but does give you a pretty good guide. I'm not sure there would be a book purely about birds in Ghana.
Also try Amazon on the net.

Good luck,

madmike

Last edited:

Blackstart

Saxophonus pinus
Hi Geoff-

Your best bet is the Borrow and Demey book published by Princeton.

Princeton publishes many of the same titles as Helm, but the prices are lower (Helm titles, in my opinion, are a colossal rip-off).

If you can get the book from Amazon in the US, you should get quite a bargain over buying it in the UK.

-Adam

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
Blackstart said:
Hi Geoff-

Your best bet is the Borrow and Demey book published by Princeton.

Princeton publishes many of the same titles as Helm, but the prices are lower (Helm titles, in my opinion, are a colossal rip-off).

If you can get the book from Amazon in the US, you should get quite a bargain over buying it in the UK.

-Adam

German Amazon (Amazon.de) sells the US versions too, so I guess the UK branch should have them as well. Though .com may give a discount on the list price, but then, that might be offset by more postage.

Robert

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread