• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

West Midlands treecreeper or something else? (1 Viewer)

iamjulian

This bird has been playing games with me all week. It's in the garden somewhere. The call or song on my birdnet recording is quite high pitched, about 10khz, sounds not unlike a grasshopper or cricket. I was near some silver birch trees today, moving a mason bee house, when I must have disturbed it. Couldn't get eyes on but the recording was loud enough for birdnet to say it was likely a treecreeper. Please could anyone confirm or refute that from the attached audio? Many thanks!

Attachments

• birdnet_mobile_8236752682_recording_271.wav
    701.4 KB · Views: 2

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
Sounds like a Treecreeper call in the middle of the recording. Confident also that it is not a call from a Goldcrest.

Alexander Stöhr

Agree with Pyrtle, I am a bit late this time:
Hard one, but it sounds good for a Eurasian Treecreeper (a little to short, drawn out is the wrong word for the call of this species). But the call sounds better for this species than for other high pitched calls (Goldcrest, Firecrest, I have heard Great Tits calling very similar to an Eurasian Treecreeper)

Users who are viewing this thread