WHAT bird is this? 3 notes (1 Viewer)

BabySparrow101

I live on Long Island, NY. I have been hearing a bird call that sounds like 3 notes, it's like me me meeeeee.

I know that it is NOT a cardinal, robin, sparrow, grackle, junco, or dove. The only other bird around I have seen is the mockingbird. Maybe that's it?

Please bird experts, search your archives, for a 3 note song. I will try to record it on video... Thanks

JWN Andrewes

Poor Judge of Pasta.
I thoght they sang "Dear Sweet Canada Canada Canada"

Me me meee sounds a bit like the gulls in Find Nemo8-P

I'm pretty sure they can sometimes start but not finish

"Dear sweet sweeeet...."

Verbally described birdsong can be soooo tricky, but this was my first thought on reading the OP's question. Probably wrong, but starts the ball rolling!

Microtus

Maryland USA (he/his)
Supporter
United States
Many White-throats in my neighborhood right now are singing something that sounds like "me me meeeeeeee".

Andy Hurley

Opus Editor
Opus Editor
Scotland
I'm pretty sure they can sometimes start but not finish

"Dear sweet sweeeet...."

Verbally described birdsong can be soooo tricky, but this was my first thought on reading the OP's question. Probably wrong, but starts the ball rolling!

A good point James. At the same time I find the method used in most guides almost impossible to reproduce and when I try, my wife has a good laugh. EG the Song Thrush in Collins "Kücklivi kücklivi,tixi tixi tixi, pii-eh, trrü-trrü-trrü tixifix, chü-chü-chü, ko-ku-kiklix ko-ku kiklix..." I tried vocalising that yesterday in response to a Song Thrush in a tree about 30 m away. My wife just cracked up;) In a German book I have it goes like "wihe-wihe, düdüt-düdüt, düdüwih-düdüwih" etc. Something is lost in the translation:-O

Users who are viewing this thread