• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What birds are these? (1 Viewer)

What I see in your pictures is:

Tufted Titmouse
Black-capped Chickadee
Chipping Sparrow
House Finch
Downy Woodpecker

(obviously there's duplicates so I didn't list them twice)

Matt

Agree, but leaned towards hairy woordpecker. I thought the bill looked a bit too big and thick to be a downy...

I think it's just the angle... the bill looks fine for me plus on the first photo you can see the black dots on the outer tail feathers.

thanks. I assumed the finch was a purple finch but someone at worked looked it up and said it was a house finch. After looking at the photo, I believed they were correct, but wanted to check. The chipping sparrow seems to like to hug the ground vs. be up in the trees.
The woodpecker wasn't very happy about getting his photo taken.. :)

thanks for the help.

You'll usually find Chipping running around on the ground and flying real low, but I've seen them in trees before.

You're welcome for the help.

You'll usually find Chipping running around on the ground and flying real low, but I've seen them in trees before.

You're welcome for the help.

thanks. this was my first attempt at using my studio strobes to take photos of birds at my feeder.

Whoa, I'm gonna turn blind with that avatar,........ :S

I was bored one night about 5 years ago and decided I wanted a unique avatar. So I took my point and shoot and shot a few frames of my own eye and then used Adobe After effects to creating the lightning. :-O

At some point I'll get bored again and change it. :t:

Last edited:
Thanks, Stonechat, but youtube goes like a bumpy car ride through a desert wadi over here. Close to impossible for me to watch, especially long ones :(

Ah,I was in the wrong thread - thought this was meant for me (too much sun today) :D

I didn't wan't to make a new thread, since I've made two in the last 24 hours lol.... and since the original poster needed his finch identified, I'll do the same.....
House finch or Purple finch? Bad photo...

Right now, I have it pegged as a house finch... it is in a somewhat residential area in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• House Finch.jpg
    House Finch.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 54
Thanks, Stonechat, but youtube goes like a bumpy car ride through a desert wadi over here. Close to impossible for me to watch, especially long ones :(

Ah,I was in the wrong thread - thought this was meant for me (too much sun today) :D

Don´t mention it , Nicole ;) The clip is free for everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back