• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What brands (other than the big ones) offer quality repairs/servicing? (1 Viewer)

Dennis, that was exactly my impression, that Vortex is more likely to replace rather than repair, but this is something I only know from what I've read here on BF, I have no experience whatsoever with them, but I don't remember reading that someone got an important part of their binoculars repaired (say an eyepiece, the rubber armour or an objective).

Peter, thanks for the clarification, it sure does help :)
I had a bad experience with the Vortex warranty, I sent a pair of new Diamondbacks into them to service an overly tight hinge tension, and they came back worse! Unusably tight IPD adjustment. And I had to pay for shipping to get them to Vortex... soured me.

I think most manufacturers replace (not repair) the budget friendly glass they manufacture. However in some mid level glass, they will repair or simply replace. Some brands I am not familiar with such as Vortex, who will likely replace a low cost glass, but they might also replace the upper level glass as the UHD, I am not sure - I guess it depends on what the initial cost was.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back