• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What case are the Leica 8x42 Trinovid HD owners using? (1 Viewer)

tpcollins

Just got the 8x42 Trinovid HD bins and love them.

However, that brown upside down case sucks. Seems that they want you to thread the straps thru the back of the case and use them like that with it in the way imo.

I’d really like to have a neoprene case that opens from the top so I can carry with the straps coming out of the top as well. What better options has anyone found? Thanks.

As I’ve previously posted I took dislike the eccentrically designed cases supplied as standard these days and use Lowepro Scout SH100 pouches which seem to accommodate averagely sized 42s. I remove the supplied internal dividers.

0A29A5C9-9BDA-4C9C-82FD-1247945105CA.jpeg

I bought the above mentioned Lowepro case on ebay (from Robert's Camera) new old stock (it's discontinued now) for my Trinovid HDs. It is a perfect fit like they were made for each other. I paid under $10, and ended up buying three of them for other bins also.

They list them as used so they can discount the price, but they are new with tags.

Since I just sold my 8x32 Sightrons, and bought a Leica Trinovid HD 8x32 and the Cabelas Intensity 8x42 (these are crazy stupid great bins), I opted for the inexpensive OP/Tech soft pouch for about $18.

For my Leica bins I’m looking for the Rick Young digital camo case since I have a lot of Sitka hunting clothes in a similar pattern but want to see how the cheaper OP/Tech looks first.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1166.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1166.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 21
I just ordered the Lowepro case for my Trini 8x42HD on ebay (Robert's Camera) for $10 free ship. I've been using a so-so aftermarket case but this looks to be an improvement.

These cases always get in the way, so I treat them as storage and protection cases and never when I actually take my binoculars out for action.

One interesting option is the Swazi for Leica binocular beret. It covers the binocular from the elements from one side, your chest providing protection from the other. It's small and light enough not to be a hindrance out in the field. Only hitch is, the waist strap is a little on the snug side for those of us who are, shall we say, not svelte...

Congratulations and glad it works. The only ones now available in the UK are now far more expensive.

There’s a partition at the back which serves no useful purpose which you can cut out if you turn the pouch inside out. It’ll create a little more space for the bins.

Thanks. Since posting, I put my fists inside and stretched it out a bit, which seemed to help. If I need more wiggle room, I'll try your idea. Shame they can't be bought cheap in the UK.

Congratulations and glad it works. The only ones now available in the UK are now far more expensive.

There’s a partition at the back which serves no useful purpose which you can cut out if you turn the pouch inside out. It’ll create a little more space for the bins.
Took two minutes. Perfect fit now. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back