• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

What did you see in your binoculars today? (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
Male Kingfisher.... I was walking along a lake and spooked it, ..it flew a couple of hundred yards. I re-traced by steps and snuck up on it carefully to get within 20-30 feet. Awesome view.

Mark9473

Belgium
A playful group of six long-tailed bushtits came foraging in my garden today. I'd seen a single one last year, but no group yet. Great little birds with a very peculiar body shape.

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
No binoculars but five species of parrots and parakeets today, naked eye, on a beautiful summer day. Four of the five are introduced but I still enjoy seeing them.

tenex

reality-based
Antarctica
Walking along a creek today... a Dipper, a pair of Goldeneyes, a Belted Kingfisher, a Flicker, Robins, Finches, and Chickadees of course... and on the way back through a meadow a juvenile Bald Eagle, Red-tailed Hawks, Ravens, a Kestrel, Sharp-shinned Hawk, and Turkey Vulture. In less than an hour, a lovely break. (SLC 15x56, because we went first to a lake that had nearly frozen over and saw only a Great Blue Heron, and 10x32 BN.)

Sebzwo

We had some great clear winter sky with stars last night. I watched just for fun not being a real star gazer. The sky was not like some cupola but you could see "forever", many stars behind other stars. Incredible. Used some good 7x50.

Users who are viewing this thread