• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What have I seen? (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Staying at Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port in the middle of the old docks, now turned in to an industrial area museum. This is along the Manchester Canal

Pictures taken around 8 o´clock in the morning 11th of August

There are many mallards swimming around and I was out taking pictures.

-AH! A male mallard, I thought

But something was very strange, looked very "STUBBY" and when he came close to a female mallard I could see how small he was.

Is this some kind of a hybrid? And is it possible to see what kind of hybrid it is?

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 45
Thanks MacNara

Falcated Duck cross?

Thank you!

I really don´t know, but I´m pretty sure it is some kind of hybrid, if it is not a bird with some kind of deformation.

But he look very strange compared to the female mallards

Cheers
Aladdin

Attachments

• mallard7.jpg
    mallard7.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 23
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back