• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Spring Migrants have you seen so far, 2022 (1 Viewer)

It’s 64F outside and 5:40AM. I’m heading out to sit on the deck as Birdcast is reporting nearly 4 times as many migrants as than the night before which bought so many to my yard.

Birdcast

I quickly processed a few of the images I shot yesterday here. Big Bird Thingy

i love Black and White’s.

Golden Oriole on Tresco, a fantastic surprise

Great photographs MikeinPA - I have only ever seen two Black and White Warblers (both in Scilly) but I agree.
Like a demented Everton mint shuffling up and down the tree.

Golden Oriole on Tresco, a fantastic surprise

Great photographs MikeinPA - I have only ever seen two Black and White Warblers (both in Scilly) but I agree.
Like a demented Everton mint shuffling up and down the tree.
If you saw them in the 90's I was probably standing right beside you. I remember seeing two in that period, both along the Garrison Walk if I remember correctly.

Many more migrants today, Bay-breasted, more Scarlet Tanager's, Merlin App reported a Yellow-throated Warbler several times. No luck in seeing it though. I left it running outside when I went inside for 1/2 hour and it had heard a Mourning Warbler. That would make my day.

Garrison 10th October 1996 and (I think) Pool Road on Tresco on the 20th
fabulous birds
1996, that was the year they were filming the Twitchers piss take. I was in it at least 3 times. You can hear me talking on the CB to Dick Filby with direction to the Hoopoe on the Garrison.

Sorry going off topic here.

I just found I had another new tick for the yard on Saturday. A bird I had identified and labelled as a Blue-winged was really a female Prothonotary Warbler. :cool:

Whilst not new for the year, a very low, feeding flock of Bee-eaters gave great views this afternoon, almost from the kitchen window.

I have noticed Sand Martins, Little Ringed Plover and Northern Wheatear have all been recorded at some point over the last week in the UK.
It would be interesting to know what members have seen nationally and internationally on their local patches or locally. Please mention transnational migrants as well as altitudinal migrants which may have not even moved 30 miles or so.
I have so far personally seen Curlew and Oystercatcher about 2 weeks ago. Curlews arrive back roughly at that time but Oystercatcher's seem to start arriving inland in Northern England from late January into early February. Skylark have been recorded but I have not seen or heard them yet.
I have seen my first house Martins and swifts and sand Martin today at rspb Sandwell Valley near Birmingham.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back