• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What to use when your 8x binoculars aren't powerful enough? (1 Viewer)

Old thread, but I handled and quickly looked through (didn't really spend much time with it) a Hawke 9-27 x 56 Nature Trek scope the other day. As a truly pocketable scope that can be hand held and augment a pair of binoculars I'm not sure you can beat it - very solidly made and it's only £179.00.

Last edited:
I have an Svbony SV410 9-27x56 that is similar to that Hawke (if not the same scope) as part of my nature walk kit. There's a thread on the SVbony. It can be used handheld but I find it really shines on a monopod (which doubles as a walking stick) where the magnification range pairs well with my Kowa 6.5x bins and is much easier to use on the move than a standard scope and tripod setup. I often zoom into the ~20x range with the monopod to get a closer look at markings and/or watch behavior.

It's also nice to leave the little scope setup in the house on a small tripod pointed at the feeder ~50ft away.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back